Luberon: Fontaine de Vaucluse, Roussillon, The Ochre valley
Provence - The Luberon massif
Walk - About 1h + 45 min + 45 min
These 3 audio guides will help you understand the fusion between the landscape and the architecture.
* We’ll explore the Fontaine de Vaucluse: it’s true that the village itself is charming and we’ll be reminded that the Italian poet Petrarch found refuge here. However, it’s above all the great 1,000-foot high cliff and the river that gushes at its base that will draw our attention. This source is ranked as having the 5th largest volume of flow in the world.
* At the village of Roussillon, two more audio tours are available. One will take you through the Ochre Path which is located by the village. The path takes us down into a pretty little valley filled with the flora that is so characteristic of these ochre sands. As we climb back up again, we’ll come across some unusual spires formed in the ochre – these are known as Fairy Chimneys and have been sculpted by the wind.
* The other tour is a visit of Roussillon itself. You’ll stroll through the picturesque maze of lanes and little squares. Under the belfry a vaulted passage leads to the old part of the village and the castrum, or walled castle, where the memory of Lady Sirmonde’s love affair still lingers.
- France Luberon: Fontaine de Vaucluse, Roussillon, The Ochre Valley Pocketvox website.
- www.pocketvox.com website.
France Luberon: Fontaine de Vaucluse, Roussillon, The Ochre Valley Pocketvox Audio Guide Comments and Ratings
|There are no user comments for this guide. To rate this guide you need to log-in or register with AudioGuide2Go.|
|France Luberon: Fontaine de Vaucluse, Roussillon, The Ochre Valley Pocketvox||0||NE|
|France Provence Cezanne and his Works Pocketvox||3.7||NE|
|France Package All Provence Pocketvox||6.3||SE|
|France Avignon and the Luberon Massif Pocketvox||7.1||NW|
|France the Luberon: Gordes and the Bories Village Pocketvox||9.2||SE|